Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

broken screws in neck fusion

I have had 2 different cervical fusions, the last one in Nov 2013. Yesterday, I just found out I have a broken screw in each fusion. Now I have to have another surgery, combining both fusions making it from C4 to T1. Has anyone had this happen to them? I have a very good and expierenced surgeon, and he said he has never seen this happen before. the first fusion was C7 to T1 done in Dec 2012. He also has to do this through the back of my neck, making it more painful. Can anyone rate the pain level of this surgery for me? I have to admit, the fusions done through the front, really wasn't that difficult to recover from for me. I have had lots of surgeries, due to severe arthritis, and as you know each one is different. I need some input on my up and coming surgery, any help?