Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spine fusion C2-T2

MtmoosegirlMMtmoosegirl Posts: 2
edited 04/10/2014 - 2:17 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Looks like I will be going in for another surgery in a little over a weeks Currently fused c3-C7. Nuero surgeon confirmed a failed fusion at c5-6 with a high grade stenosis, progressive degeneration and stenosis at c2 and T2. So the plan will be to fix 5/6 and fuse three more levels leaving me fused from C2-t2. I was told that fusing at the C1 and t2 create a stronger structure for the fusion and less likely to have to go in for another neck surgery (this will be my 4th). Not that I have much mobility now, I am extremely concerned about this as well as quality of life. Any one have feedback?

• Have you consulted with any other surgeon to see what he thinks before going ahead with this surgery? It is a huge surgery, and the more levels you have done , the less likely that fusion will occur across the larger areas.
    Why would your surgeon not repair or at least attempt to repair the failed fusion, before extending the fusion area further and thus reducing your mobility and flexibility further...
    I always suggest that before someone undergoes surgery, it is wise to see at least one other surgeon for confirmation and to be sure that the type of surgery is the best option.
  • Yes its A DREADFUL SURGERY,i am 7 days post-op on a front c-2 to t-3 fusion and a at the same time rear rods/screws,and graphed fusion from c2 to t5 roughly,but loss of motion and ability is a good bet.....