Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm afraid, anyone have input on what's going on with me?

I am a 23 year old, athletic female. So about 6 months ago, I woke up with lower back pain out of nowhere that I can think of. It wasn't severe, but I thought maybe I slept funny. The pain seemed to be in my lower spine and was painful to the touch, so I assumed soft tissue injury or a strange bruise. I'm an athlete and used to aches and pains so I gave it a few weeks, and it lessened, but never ever went away. Prior to this I had a desk job and neglected myself physically, so I'm thinking this may have led me to a bulging disc or something, but no sciatica is present; just back pain. I used to squat very, very heavily when I was training but I never injured my back.

Some strange details:

The "spot" that hurts almost feels like there's a small bulge or something loose there. It seems to hurt on a vertebrae but it's hard to tell. Sometimes the pain feels centered, sometimes it's not.

If I rub it, the pain completely disappears for a minute or two.

It gets worse from prolonged standing and is stiff/worse in the mornings when I wake up.

If I get carried away and rub it a lot, the tissues around both sides of my spine seem to get inflamed and tender to the touch for a week or so and climb upwards. The painful spot however doesn't go away, though it lessens from time to time.

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about. Thank you ahead of time. My father has awful spinal stenosis and chronic back pain and I hope I'm not on a slippery slope here.