Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having nerve block tomorrow - what to expect.. nervous..

edited 04/11/2014 - 7:20 PM in Spinal Injections
I am having 3/4 nerve blocks done tomorrow. My pain management Dr says I have radiating pain caused by a combination of things involving my personal spinal makeup and swelling that is causing nerve entrapment. He said I could either try and ride out the pain or get the nerve blocks which would return me pretty much back to normal for at least a little while...

I decided to do it - I have very very bad anxiety normally and this injury is making it much worse.. I cannot tolerate constant pain and not to mention I am unable to work due to my job being very physical and being right handed with an injury in my right shoulder, I would never heal.

Anyway, who has had this? What are you experiences? I am having 2 into c-6-c-7 and 1/2 into the occipital nerve because I am getting these headaches that make me where I can even think straight. I will be sedated during it.

• Hello
    I'm new to the forum. In the last few months I have been experiencing Chronic pain in my back. Turns out I have several things going on:
    1) DDD
    2) Cervical Facet Hypertrophy and Osteoarthritis- ( foramina narrowing and canal narrowing at 3 cervical levels
    3) Cervical herniation C6-7
    4) multi-level protrusion (thoracic) 2 benign lesions at T-9-T10-11-ligamentum flavum calcification
    5(lumbar)Lumbar includes additional herniation L-5S-1 w stenosis

I am going in for an epidural at C-6-7 today. After seeing a Neuro Surgeon Friday, this is what he recommends. The radiating pain has been horrendous. He states that this herniated disc is BROAD, should surgery be done or this treatment?...anyone..?
    I hope you are feeling well and get better very soon. I know your pain!
    Thank you, I'm leaving in an hour HELP.I need to make sure Im doing the right thing.

• no problem and actually it is a piece of cake. the only issue is maybe when they first numb you which is a little pain then a piece of cake. they will probably offer sedation. take it if you feel you need to. i never had sedation. much ado about nothing, all of these horror stories are exaggerated in my opinion. like i said take the sedation if you are nervous. i have had numerous ones and never had a problem.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.