Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain in lower back after Spinal Fusion.

HamedHHamed Posts: 3
edited 04/12/2014 - 1:49 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello, my name is Hamed, I am 30 and I just had a discectomy/PSF using interbody cages (as my neurosurgeon calls it Artificial disc) on L5, S1 on February 28th. I am wonderig if anyone has any stories or ecxperiences with painful lateral movements whilst lying on the bed. I am putting up with a great deal of difficulty, turning on by bed to change my side position. It is not from the incision on my back. I feel like I am a limb of a tree and at the time of turning on bed, a lot of large crows sit on the limb :) . 3 days ago it even sharpened and forced me visit my doctor. After evaluating, he told me it is not important. But I have my doubts. I am wearing soft brace but my doctor told me it works, no need to buy a new one.
He even told me it is not necessary to wear it at home any more and I answered I am not wearing it anymore from two weeks ago. A million thanks in advanve.

Post edited to remove inappropriate comment...Liz spine-health moderator.. Please read the Forum rules

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 04/12/2014 - 3:57 AM
    Are you using your arms to turn your body and then turning your hips and legs, torso as one unit? You do not need to be perfectly straight to turn or to get up but you do want to keep as much of the body's natural alignment as possible....stiffening while turning is not all that helpful and can make getting up more painful.
    Just so you know, an artificial disc is different than a fusion......the fusion uses cages, rods and screws, as well as bone grafting to create one longer bone out of two vertebra.
    An artificial disc replaces the natural disc in between two vertebra.....