Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Insurance said Back Pain was preexisting condition

A year ago my insurance denied an MRI of my back. This past year my husband turned 65 and went on Medicare, forcing me to redo my policy.
I started having new symptoms with my back that I couldn't ignore. My doctor requested an MRI once again. My insurance denied again saying this was a preexisting condition! I asked, what is my CONDITION? They said, back pain. I argued back pain was not a condition, it is a symptom of an undiagnosed condition. I explained a year ago they denied because I didn't show enough through doctor visits that I needed an MRI. Prior to that request I had been to the ER and my doctor numerous times.
In the end they agreed to the MRI. The kicker is I have a $5000 deductible. They were not paying a penny anyway. But without approval I would not get the agreed upon insurance rate I would get the rate of someone walking in w/o insurance and that was $1000 more! Insurance is such a racket.
Take Care.

• sometimes, the hoops we have to jump through are a bit ridiculous. If you had the same insurance before, but only changed the number of people on the policy, I am not sure why they could try to claim pre-existing........I might look into that a bit more if I were you.