Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Congenitally fused C4-C5, C3 degenerated...asking for advice

I am 35 years old and have led a pretty rigorous life as far as sports and recreation goes and I have several young children, for all these reasons I plan on living a go-go life for the foreseeable future. However, my C-4 and C-5 never separated and my C-3 is severely arthritic and covered in spurs and my C-4/C-3 disc is degenerated leading to chronic and at times totally debilitating pain. My orthopedist recommends fusion of my C-3 to my C-4/C-5 block of bone. I am confident this will solve my chronic pain but given my age and activity level I am worried about how this will affect my quality of life and the long-term health of my adjacent discs. I am intrigued by the total disc replacement option, but my doctor thus far has not informed me about it, I was hoping I could get some advice from the "school of life" experts on this forum. I am curious if I am even a candidate for it given my current, albeit involuntary, fusion.

thank you