Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post ACDF C5/C6 pain

edited 04/13/2014 - 10:42 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
3/19/13 ACDF of C5/C6 for minimal bulging disc - after surgery have more pain then before/new pain is running down arms to fingers(never had pain prior to surgery)/pain from both arms from ulnar nerve (never had it before)/ pinky and ring finger fall asleep if I sleep with arms above my head/ any nodding movement of the head aggravates the situation/ if aggravated enough body starts to quiver -

I did notice that the height of C5/C6 are far closer than before possibly causing nerve entrapment. Actually Spinous Process of C5/C6 are sitting on top of each other! Latest CT scan shows fusion was complete.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 04/14/2014 - 8:43 AM
    would be to call your surgeon. You are less than a month out from your ACDF. When the fusion was done (and as you indicated the CTScan verified that, you can almost be sure that the cervical disc and nerve portion of your surgery was ok.

But when in doubt , always talk it over with your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com