Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe pain, need help!

kerilyn84kkerilyn84 Posts: 3
Ive dealt with sciatic pain on and off for the last 7 years, beginning during pregnancy. It usually comes and goes in what i call flare ups that usually last a few days at the most. I take celebrex daily to help with the pain. The last week has been something completely different. I can barely get out of bed and when i do its for 30 seconds to a minute and i have to lay down again. Ive been to my pcp who gave me tramadol and skelaxin, they did nothing for me. I have since been back and they gave me a toradol shot which helped a little but still not enough to keep me out of the bed. They also gave me percocet which makes me really sick so they gave me zofran to help with nausea. The percocet doesnt help either! The pain has slowly gotten worse with numbness and tingling all down my leg, i went to the ER and all they could do was give me another shot of toradol and some valium and send me home. I am missing work, I am missing my daughters school functions, baseball games, i am missing class and school assignments bc I cant get out of the freaking bed! I have an MRI scheduled (finally) for wed but id love some helpful suggestions for something that I can do to alleviate this pain before then! Its ruining my life! :(