Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help if you can Seen tons of DR's Cant figure it out

I have been having A pain that radiates In my chest It mimics a heart attack I get pain in left shoulder and numbness in my face and pain center chest and travels down left arm.I have had every test Done from stress tests to Heart Cath ...They say Im strong as a bull Been put on Anxiety meds that's not helping either ...It seems like after I wake up and start moving around It seem like something gets pinched or or rubbed or moved that causes these attacks /episodes whatever it is does anyone suffer from anything similar or have been treated successfully for these sympyoms .....I'm willing to look into anything

• Welcome, & sorry you have to be hear. You will find many people on this site who can relate to the frustration of not being able to get a diagnosis for their symptoms, including me. Although in my case, I know what's wrong with my back, but I've had many other medical issues that dr's haven't been able to figure out, including chronic hives for the last 30 years.

One of the big rules of the forum is that we are not allowed to "diagnose" anyone based on the description of their symptoms, or interput x-rays or MRI's. We are however, allowed to share our own diagnosis & experiences.

That said, once had something called "arterial spasm of the caratoid artery". It's pretty rare & unusual, but that's the story of my medical life :). The symptoms mimicked a stroke; pain in my chest, numbness & weakness in my left arm, slight slurring of my words, a headache & noticeable weakness down my whole left side. I got what the ER doc called "the million dollar work-up" & nothing showed up. My PCP ultimately made the diagnosis, & he explained that basically, I had a muscle spasm of the caratoid artery on my right side. It is so rare that when I recently had surgery, the anestiologist had never heard of it, & had to call my PCP for an explanation of it. I have no idea if what you are feeling could be the same as what I had, the symptoms don't all match mine, but I'm just sharing an experience I had.

My back issues are all lower, & so far as I know, I haven't seen anyone have your symptoms that is ultimately coming from the lower back. However, there are lots of people who have mid-back and/or neck issues, & I'm sure if they have had similar symptoms, they will share their experiences.

At any rate, I hope you are able to get a diagnosis & feel better soon!
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 04/13/2014 - 11:01 PM
    Shawn - have a look at the dermatone chart on this site or google the web. it shows where the pain radiates from each level of your spine.

Sometimes thoracic spine pain can radiate around your ribs. So having a look at the levels may help you although normally with thoracic spine injuries trauma is associated, as your thoracic spine is attached to each rib and it is very difficult to damage if you are young, strong and haven't had any trauma.
  • It is possible that it might be something related to your spine .......this is the dermatome map that we have on Spine Health. If you look at each level of the spine, you can see the areas that each level corresponds to......

Have you ever had any imaging done of your spine? Any injuries or falls?