Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Sciatic Nerve Anatomy Video on Spine-health.com

jmertenjmerten Posts: 2

Hi, Spine-health forum members,

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Joy Merten and I'm a relatively new Spine-health employee. I was hired as a Marketing Analyst in mid-December, and have been working on different aspects of Spine-health (and our other sites, Arthritis-health and Osteoporosis-health) since then.

One of the projects I've been working on is creating new animated videos for our site with a production company called Ghost. We are planning on creating many videos that help our users understand the symptoms and causes of various back and neck conditions. One of the videos we just finished is all about the anatomy of the sciatic nerve, and how it can cause pain.

[VIDEO|69146]

I'd love to hear what our knowledgeable forum members think about these new videos. Are they clear and easy to understand? Do you like the way they're animated? Are there any videos you want us to make in the future?

We also have a video about Coccydynia (Tail Bone Pain) Video and I'd love to hear what you think about that video, too. Here is a link to the post: New Tailbone Pain Video - Need Feedback! - Lower Back Pain

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    edited 04/14/2014 - 4:19 PM
    This is the start of some new and exciting videos that Spine-Health will be providing. Having feedback from our existing member community would be very helpful

I've watched this video and to me it is one of the best ones I have seen on the subject matter. Not only does it describes the problem, the video and animation shows you so much. Great job.

Thanks
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I think the video is excellent in showing how the Sciatic nerve flows through the body, but feel the following could be looked at by way of improvements;

. Change of VoiceOver - sounds like a computer generated voice, and I'm personally not a fan of this synthetic voice when in reality it is a scripted session that could have used a real persons voice
    . Would it be at all possible to introduce further videos that could demonstrate how the nerves could be damaged / disturbed and where the nerve pain symptoms are typically felt - could help people rule in / out based on their own symptoms
    . Similarly, these videos could be used to illustrate how different surgeries are carried out and how post surgery recovery /repair (e.g. Fusion) is seen - personally I find the visualisation through videos / graphics like this to be so helpful

Just some feedback, overall I am a big fan of graphical simulations like this, and happy to see more examples rolled out :-)
  • I agree with Nick great tool and his other comments, especially about voicei
    Some of us are older. Is there any way to slow it down some seems to speed by, so it would be easier to absorb the info
    Graphics are awesome
    Look forward to more
    Fell 11ft 2007 numerous fractures broken arm, 4 head bleeds.
    Nerve blocks, tried stimulator, acupuncture, massage, numerous injections, nerve blocks. Ect. Vitamins
    2011 laminectomy, april 4. 2014 Fusion l5-S1. PLIF