Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh the pain I am in. . .

Lambers93LLambers93 Posts: 1
edited 04/16/2014 - 9:53 AM in Scoliosis
I've had scoliosis since birth and had done the brace thing in my teens but now approaching my forties, I've developed pain in my right hip. Investigating with my doctor, thanks to this lovely thing called scoliosis, my hip is visibly deformed in x-rays. I returned to my original scoliosis clinic without much help. "Here have these industrial strength anti-inflamitories" and that's about all I got from them. The anti-inflamitories did help for a little while but now the pain is worse than before. I'm going for a second opinion on May 1, 2014. I have 2 curves, one is a smaller upper curve but the lower one has progressed from 19 degrees at age 25 to 28+ degrees and climbing. Has anyone else out there had a similar situation, where the curve of their spine has deformed the hips? I feel like since my curve isn't in the 50 degree range that the doctors don't take it seriously but the pain I'm experiencing is 100% serious. I feel things pop and pinch and my range of motion has been effected. Everytime I reach to the right for something at my desk I feel myself bracing for the pain. I'm too young to be in this much pain (at least in my opinion). I only see this getting worse as the years go on and I want it over NOW!! (I know, I'm impatient). I do some Yoga when the pain and time allows, to try to keep my core muscles in shape and support my back.

I guess I just needed to vent a little and hope for some comforting words and hopefully a few things that I can talk to my new doctor about when my next appointment comes around.
Thank for listening!