Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic disc surgery

I'm new to the site. I had a pretty bad prolapsed thoracic disc last June which caused neuropathy and pain in my back, legs and feet. I had a thoracotomy and rib disc graft in dec last year and have been trying to recover slowly but surely. I have improved feeling in my feet and can now walk without crutches but still have a lot of pain in my lower back and numbness increases the more I walk. I can only walk one mile without being wiped out.
I am starting to swim now and trying to get more physio but because this is quite a rare my physio is reluctant to give me more exercises. I'm probably being impatient but wondered if there was anyone out there who has had a similar prolapse who can give me some post surgery advice.

Many thanks
Thoracic disc graft t9 t 10 dec 2013
Spinal decompression t9 t10 sept 2014