Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

if I am having a good day ..and I decide to do something that involves bending twisting [no lifting] I have found that I get referred pain in my abdomen and its a s bad as the back pain my legs swell too if I have being more active than normal .please bear in mind that for 28 day a month I will be sat /lay on my recliner feeling too ill to even open the curtains .today has been a good day the first in a very long time but I have washed the car and now I am in agony and I have the abdominal pain ..why do I bother !!anyone get the same or similar ..{its something I have only recently put the pieces together }because if I rest no abdominal pain
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014

• The swelling is most likely because your legs are down and you are walking around......especially since you are mostly inactive and resting and in a reclined position, now you are standing up and gravity is going to increase the fluid build up to your lower appendages.
    The abdominal pain I would guess if for a similar reason. The muscles aren't being used nearly as often as they should be, and when you increase your activity levels and change your positions, you are using muscles that are not being used regularly.
    The more you can increase your activity levels and move around, the less you should see the swelling and increased fluid and pain build up.

I'm glad that you were feeling well enough today to get some physical activity in.......if you can do that each day, and increase it slowly, over time, you may find that you are able to tolerate things a bit more.