Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hydro to Oxy Question

Hi, I've had DDD for 3 years and have done everything possible for it except surgery to no avail.

Pain meds help me make it through the day. I've been on hydro and have not wanted to move to Oxycodone. My wife has the exact same condition (our Dr. calls us her twins because of our identical MRI's). She moved to Oxycodone some time ago and from time to time when my pain is worse I have tried her Oxycodone. It's hard to explain, but in one way, it helps more the pain, but it has side effects like fatigue and headaches I hate. I really don't prefer it and have wanted to stay on Hydrocodone as long as possible as it just works better for me, but I am at my limit with Hydrocodone for pain relief and had to recently move to Oxycodone.

When he moved me over, I still had a reasonable number of Hydrocodone left. I have found that the best combo for me is a few Oxys and a few hydros. It provides for me the best pain relief and the least side effects. For the time I had both medications I was feeling the best I have in a while.

Unfortunately, I just ran out of my hydros yesterday and am already unhappy. The Oxy's help with my pain, but I have a headache and I just am not feeling good. I miss my combo.

So, I wonder. I have a refill on my hydrocodone. Is it allowable that I refill it? If I could take even just a couple of hydros and less Oxycodone I would not only feel better, but would not have to take as many of the stronger meds. I asked my doctor originally if he could somehow give me a combo, but he said he couldn't.