Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Great site, BUT....

New member here, however not new to this site.
I believe in reading as much as you can, because you never know when just one piece of the puzzle may help.

After extensive reading, there is one suggestion I have.

I notice a lot of posters use abbreviations here, and while it is easier, I cannot always guess what they might mean.

So, if you use abbreviations, couldn't you put that word [ just once] in parenthesis?

Maybe a sticky with abbreviations to refer to?

A post can only be use full if it is understood.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 04/17/2014 - 6:03 AM
  • thanks. I will enter the abbreviations in the search bar.
  • The glossary is good to find out the definitions, but i believe us newbees must just struggle to find out the abbreviations. I have discovered that PM is not a time of day but means pain managment, DDD means degenerative disc disease. It is going to take awhile to sort it out. Also, there is a history here of pain meds (old time released vs. New time released oxy, etc.) which has no meaning to newbees. Rather like walking into the middle of a movie or interrupting a close-knit bridge club.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    edited 04/18/2014 - 7:37 AM
    The abbreviations can be cumbersome, especially in the beginning. I used to have to look every one of them to understand what people are talking about. I still have to do that for a few toady.
    It seems that once you become familiar with this site, those abbreviations are second nature.

The development team is working on high priority projects for this site and as well as the Arthritis site. Remember, this site is a freebie, there is no money associated with it, especially it terms of time spent working on it. However, one of my moderators is going to take a look to see how she can create an abbreviation file. No promises, this all has to be done on her own personal time or while at Spine-Health. Remember, we are all volunteers, so time we spend on these forums have to be chosen wisely.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com