Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L2 -S1 decompression for spinal stenosis

BigbearPDXBBigbearPDX Posts: 2
edited 04/17/2014 - 5:24 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi folks I'm male 49 and in week 9 after a L2-S1 decompression for spinal stenosis. Not a small surgery I've been told. Recovery has not been very easy for me, they were expecting 3 weeks, but I did not get back to work part time until last week and this week. Steroids made me confused and anxious, so I used Norco and Clorazepate, now only using ibuprofen 800mg very 8 hours. I also fell twice in week one after surgery and week 5, X-rays showed no damage. What I am fighting in bad fatigue even after working four hours, and I'm to start physical therapy 3 times a week next week, no therapy since April 2, as I had a visit it the ER for pain on the opposite side of surgery site. I know I am very early in the process of healing, but I am still having pain on my spine near the incision, what I've been reading here is possible scar tissue on the nerve root, and it takes tIme for that to improve. To be honest I'm a. It scared to go back to my desk job full time and do PT as well. I do have a grade 1 spondolisthesis at L4 that the surgeon said did not need to be fused at this time, but I do need to take off 50 lbs or so or within 5 years it may be indicated, I'm 6ft1 and 300lbs right now. Has anyone else had this type of surgery or can give me some advice on recovery from it? Thanks!