Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trial scs implant

SusieblueSSusieblue Posts: 2
edited 04/20/2014 - 8:20 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I found you by chance when I Googled some problems I'm having with the scs but can't seem to find where to post this so here goes...sorry if it's in the wrong place:/ I'm having the full implant done next Thursday at xxxx, (Meditronic). So far the trial lead to my ribs is working fab:) so happy to not be reduced to a heap of tears on the floor whenever and wherever it feels like kicking in:/ mortifying, people seem to assume you've been drinking! I've had very little success with the back/hip pain relief but the doc is trying a different lead for that area so fingers crossed it works:) The thing I'm struggling with is I seem to have blown up 2 sizes, feel like I'm going to explode in my tummy area, and my back on day 7 is killing me:/ so painful around incision sites yet the dr said it shouldn't be that bad!!! Also have tingling in groin and tummy area that wasn't there before; they have disabled the back lead until Thursdays changeover. It's not a huge problem the tingling/stingy new areas as the pain far outweighs it, if I have to deal with new niggles I'll take them over continued agony...I'm in year 11 of this after major head on car crash:/ happy to be alive, but ticked off with this pain now...enough is enough:/ ...I've had a read through some of the other posts and I feel for you all, you've had an awful time and I hope and pray that relief finds you all very soon:)

Post edited. Forum rules prohibit the naming of specific hospital.
Post Edited by Liz