Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar stenosis

Hello everyone! My name is greg i'm 41 i'm a nurse and i have been dealing with low back pain for years. I was diagnosed with DJD L4-5 and 5-s1. I had flare ups with tremendous pain and pressure in low back and hips for years until finally it didn't go away anymore. We tried all the topical conservative treatments (physical therapy, steroids muscle relaxers, pain meds, and finally epidural injections) after the epidurals stopped working i 2 level lumbar fusion surgery. It was rough but i have s great doctor and within 8 months to a year i was pretty much doing anything i wanted to do. It was great, sure i had times when i hurt a little but rest and common sense was usually all i needed to get well again, until about 2 weeks ago I had to catch one of my patients that was falling. Now i've not been able to stand,walk or sit very long. Nsaids, muscle relaxers and steroids have done nothing. My surgeon took xrays in his office that showed all the hardware is still in place but i have an mri pending next week. He mentioned narrowing at l5 is a possibility. I guess my question is what can be done since this space has already been fused? Just really worried and frustrated, if anyone out there has delt with something similar i would like to hear from you! Thanks