Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newly Diagnosed With Arachnoiditis

Hello Everyone!

I was diagnosed last week with arachnoiditis.

After suffering for several years with lower back pain, and going through physical therapy, pain medications and muscle relaxers, I finally decided that it was time to bite the bullet and have an MRI done.

I am extremely claustrophobic, hence my procrastination. I am lucky enough to live in a city that has a stand up MRI machine so I was able to sit through it without being enclosed at all. Whew!

Anyway, at my follow up with the orthopedic doctor, I finally received a diagnosis. Not at all what I was expecting to hear, but at least my pain now has a name. She told me that there is no rhyme or reason to how one gets this condition, some people because of back surgeries, injections, etc., none of which I have ever had. I also have a small bulging disc which puts a little extra pressure on the spinal canal where the arachnoiditis is located.

After discussing my options, of which there aren't many, we have decided to do an epidural to lessen the bulging disc and then I am off to a pain management clinic.

I was wondering if anyone else here was diagnosed with this that have not had any of the "3 main causes". And I am also curious as to what to expect on my visit to the pain clinic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.