Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L5 S1 disc herniation help ..duplicate post please follow link

NeedingadviceNNeedingadvice Posts: 29
edited 04/23/2014 - 8:13 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this chat. Looking for a little insight. I have had a large l5-s1 disc protrusion for about 6 weeks now and feel like I am failing as a mom. I am in excruciating pain, I can't even be left home alone with my one and a half year old due to the fact that I am pretty much confined to the floor laying on my back. It's so terrible. I am a teacher and am off work and have been the whole time. Here are my questions:

I have terrible sciatic pain that shoots all the way down to my ankle. When will this go away?! The more I research (on google of course) it says that in most cases the pain subsides within 6 weeks. I don't even feel 1% better than I did 6 weeks ago. How long did it take you to have a decrease in pain?

I am trying physiotherapy but can't do any of the exercises due to sharp shooting pain. I have been told
To wait and see. I am just wondering if anyone can give me
Some personal experiences with the same thing.

Duplicate post please follow link.....

Post Edited by Liz

• I have 2 herniations. L2/L3 and L4/L5. I had such excrutiating pain in my femur and groin area my husband took me to the ER because I couldn't even take 2 steps. I also had pain into shin and top of foot. That was Jan. 31. I'm now so much better- combination of meds, PT, rest exercise.
  • Thank you for your reply! I have physio appointments but everyone who seems me said I can't do much in the way of exercises due to my sharp shooting pain. I feel like I am being bounced around but not getting any "real" treatment. They all say it's a waiting game, I understand the inflammation has to lessen but i hate waiting and doing nothing. I would rather be exercising and helping myself get better.