Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does Lyrica relieve ONLY neuropathic pain?

I've had Lyrica mentioned to me a few times but as far I know it only works for neuropathic pain like sciatica. Is that true? My back pain is supposedly just regular nociceptive pain, coming from degenerated bone and discs. Do these type of drugs help with that too? What has been your experience?

• I took Lyrica on and off since 2006, and I found that it helped my nerve related pain but it also helped a bit with the mechanical pain as well.........didn't realize how much until I stopped it twice, thinking that it wasn't 'wprking' so well anymore.
  • I would concur with Sandi. It does a lot to reduce pain. I have tried to take med "holidays"; and soon realized how much it helps!
  • That is good to hear. My grandfather had stenosis and Lyrica worked very well for him. My mother also took it for a pinched nerve and it worked like magic for her. My psychiatrist mentioned that the PM doc I'm going to see might prescribe Lyrica. I figured it only worked for nerve pain, whereas mine is more nociceptive according to my GP. I'm willing to try anything at this point.