Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I haven't been on the boards for a couple of years, but, I have a question. My pain doctor sent me for an EMG in the right leg in October because I had no reflexes. . They never said anything about the report and said they must have misplaced it, or never received it. It is a big city, take a number, pain center. They get the patient's mixed up. I called the Neurologist's office and got a copy. The resident at the pain center just made a copy and did not say anything.

I will just give you the impression - it said consistent with moderate chronic radiculopathy L2/3/4/5/S1. I remember when the neurologist did the test, he told me that L2/3/4 were newer. I have had an AP fusion of L4/5 with a cage, rods and screws and a previous laminectomy at L4/5.

I have stenosis and retrolithesis at L3/4. I am due to have facet injections.

My question is if an EMG says " chronic" does that mean there should not be any more pain? My R leg is weaker than my left. I have pain in the whole R hip area and the side of my leg going down to the knee, sometimes all the way down to the foot? The whole R hip and buttock area are numb to touch.They have been for about a year.

Thanks for any answers you can provide.
Take care, Mary Anne.
Take care and God Bless,
Mary Anne

• is that it has been there for a while........it has nothing to do with whether or not you would have pain.........only that the damage to the nerves is there and has been for some time.