Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now a ct/myelogram for soreness back and leg 10 months post op ANYONE HAD THIS DONE

youngatheartyyoungatheart Posts: 42
edited 04/30/2014 - 10:36 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a spinal fusion L4, L5, S1 back in June of 2013 and everything is going well. Some bone growth but not as much as I thought i would have. I see my surgeon for another follow up in July.

For the past 2 days I have been having the strangest symptom. It seems that there is an area near but not close to where my original incision was that has been giving me some pain when I move or get up from a chair. Its not severe but its still an uncomfortable pain that I have not had since my surgery. At first I thought it was muscle strain. I use my back brace whenever I'm making beds, etc. but not for normal everyday use. Surgeon said I didn't have to use it.

I'm concerned that maybe even though its not exactly where my incision is could it be a screw that has come loose? I have no idea but hubby seems to think that after this amount of time its pretty much not possible

Any suggestions or if anyone has had this experience please post.

Its awful after being free of low back pain for almost a year, now I have to deal with this. I was thinking it might just be sciatica, or maybe another disc flared up or something.

Thanks and I hope everyone is well.

• I think I'm going to call my surgeon's office Monday and see what he wants me to do.
  • After the 6 month post op it is rare for a screw to move but it still is possible. I woul definitely call, I have always had pain from my surgeries and sometimes pain can flare up but I don't know about it when it is that far out from surgery. Sorry your in pain, it isn't fun!
  • Thank you for responding. Today it appears that its still in that spot right of my incision and now its also in the outsider groin area more to the side of the thigh. I guess the only way to find out is to see if my surgeon wants an x-ray. I have had sciatica flare ups but not for some time now and it definitely does not feel like that. OMG, after being pain free for such a long time, I am very frustrated with this.

I hope everyone is feeling even a bit better today.
  • My surgeon has recommended an is setting up a ct/myelogram to find out why I'm having this aching pain in the low back and aching down my right leg. This as stated above started 10 months post op.

I'm a wreck. Has anyone had this procedure done? I was so hoping that after the fusion I would have no pain, but I guess thats not possible.

I would be happy to hear from anyone who has had this procedure. I'm guessing it will be some time next week.