Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Tumour Questions

I didn't know what category this belonged in so I put it here!
Last October I was diagnosed with moderate scoliosis with a 30 degree lumbar curve and about an 11 degree upper curve, and the doctor said I was done growing and nothing to worry about. My hip stuck out quite a bit so that's how they found out. But when I went for my 6 month check up my spine went from being a visible S, it is now more like a C with a tiny curve where the 11 degree used to be. I had an alarmingly big trunk shift and unbearable back pain so I went for an MRI to see why and today I had the follow up. The results came back as normal and The doctor measured that I had about a 4cm trunk shift (my hip sticks out a lot now, you can probably imagine my level of self-consciousness as a teenage girl) and he compared my X-rays and MRI for a while. Then he showed us a tiny spot on the bottom of my spine in both X-rays and the MRI exactly where the pain is, saying it is a small hole and probably a benign osteo-something tumour. He said it so fast I can't remember it. And that he would call the radiologist to arrange a bone scan or a CT scan. He said if it is the tumour, they do a small surgery to get it out. And he didn't say much about it (hence the why I'm going for a scan) but that the tumour does cause spinal deformity and back pain. But if it is what they think, when they take it out, will my trunk shift go away and the spine become more straight? Because I am not an applicant for the surgery but I seriously resent my appearance so much it's affecting my personal life immensely. And I know I shouldn't be worried and should definitely ask my doctor all these questions, but I'd be comfortable with some immediate information. Where do these tumours come from? I read they can be pretty uncommon, any spinal tumour actually, is that true? In all the pictures it looked about the same size, but lately the pain is getting far worse, so is it getting worse?
If there is any information anybody can offer it'd be really appreciated !