Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Moving forward with trial

Hi! I have not really been active since my 3 level lumbar fusion. It has been 1 yr 7 mos. ago
I guess you could say I am in the toddler stage of the process. After a round of Esi @ 6 mos to no avai, l I had a myelogram CT SCAN last week for continued pain in low back, hips, L thigh, right leg and foot pain and increased numbing. My surgeon saw nothing that could be helped with surgical intervention. He won't remove instrumentation until 2 yrs. He didn't feel it is the cause of pain. His suggestion is the same as my PM.. Go forward with SCS trial. Although I am petrified of more pain I have made the psych appt. for MMPI TEST. It is set for May 5th.

I am at the phase of info seeking on here and so far have read quite a few posts. I know my Doc uses the Medtronic device.
Will I have the option to request the " paddle " lead over the other lead? After reading all the info I do understand it will be more painful with the addition of laminectomy but has less chance for moving and migrating..is this correct? I also realize the pain from this implant is pretty rough for about the first week. If I can anyway avoid having to have something re placed I'm all about it! Another burning question I have not come across.. Yet is can this be used for neck and lumbar both? I will keep you posted on my progress as I continue info seeking. Please feel free to be honest and open... I DO much better when I have all the facts and know what to possibly expect from this procedure.