Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe neuroforminal stenosis HELP

Hi. My name is Judie and I am 46 years old. About 8 weeks ago I was having pain in Both thighs, felt like deep in my bones. Hurt to walk or stand. Progressed to severe pain in the left leg hip/Groin area, that felt like my leg was being torn away. They thought it was a blood clot (Because I had one 4 years ago), They determined not a blood clot. The pain was so horrible I couldn't walk a 10 out of 10. Like my leg was being slowing ripped and only hanging by the nerve endings. I had an MRI of the leg and hip. Found Mild enthospathy. But the 30 minute MRI was excruciating because I had to hold my leg straight and still.
I am a recovering addict/alcoholic (22 years) so I hadn't taken any narcotics until after that MRI. I started taking percocet and a precription antiinflamatory. Over time the pain continued to go down my leg, outside of leg, thigh calf. Not down the back of leg. Then I went to a Orthopieic surgeon who ordered another MRI of my lower back. That shows L4-5 degenerative disc changes, broad based central left paracentral disc protrusion resulting in mild canal stenosis, severe left lateral recesses narrowing and sever left neuroforminal stenosis. Right neuroformen is moderately narrowed. Reactive changes in the bone marrow. Broad based central left paracentral disc protrusion. Osteophyte formation.
Whew! That stuff is hard to type. So it's been weeks tying to get in to see a neuro surgeon. The pain has subsided, and finally last night I went off the pain medication. Felt some withdrawal symptoms. Still taking anti inflammatory. Dr also suggesting a see a Rhematologist for some other issues. Is it normal for this type of pain to go away after such a severe episode of pain? Is it possible that my issue is not related to the stenosis? Although the pain is gone, my legs don't feel "normal". They feel kinda slow to react, kinda dumpy. Don't get me wrong I am grateful! I couldn't even stand in the shower for more than 3 minutes without sever pain, even on the pain meds. Is this pretty standard? Any advice is appreciated.