Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I had a car wreck in 1973. Broke my lower back, and pelvis in 3 places, they (The Drs weren't sure if I was going to make it through the night. after being in a coma for4 nights I finally did make it, but was in intensive care for 2 weeks, then a room for 3 more weeks re-learning to walk again,

I was told I would eventually be in a wheel chair, Well at the age of 45 decided to go to medical school, worked for a Dr for3 yrs but could not take the standing on my feet 12 hrs a day, so I made the decision to have back surgery, They put me on a wheel and did it that way, instead of a straight table. they put me out first, I did beg them not to use the wheel, Why? I just had a strange feeling. but low and behold they did any way.

I had L-4 L-5 S-1 fused well L-4 and L-5 fused and S-1 not really sure what they did. must of been fused too, I then had a Rod pins and screws to hold my back until it healed, Well it never healed at all I was in a fetal position from the pain, yes I ws on massive medication yet the pain was unbearable. they assured me that it takes a while to heal. I waited and just weight about 90 Lbs and I am 5f 5inches so I lost a lot of weight, from pain. why the rod? I need to know because now I am 60, and it cannot be taken out, and also why didn't they listen to me when I asked them to please not use the wheel? I am now bent forward, cannot walk straight, cant sleep because every 2 hrs I wake in pain. and I got put on disability at the age of 54 and I lost my best job, so what the heck happened? any one with medical please answer me if you can thank you.