Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Middle Back Pain

I am a 17 year-old male.

For the last 1-2 years I have randomly felt a sharp stabbing type of pain which is located directly next to my middle spine. It's nothing that makes me unable to move and it goes away after I crack my back, I also noticed that I only feel this pain when seated with poor posture as I can't remember anytime it has happened whilst standing up or sitting straight. The pain goes away after I crack my back and I don't see this again until it strikes randomly again which may be a month, week or a day.

I am on my computer with terrible posture..slouched over my desk and often leaning to one side, often my left, I do this for about 4 or more hours a night and on weekends, maybe even 8 or so hours with very little break which is why I never saw help for the pain as I thought it was just posture related.

My mother has Scoliosis and my aunty has rheumatoid arthritis which is worrying me a little bit but most of all I am making myself sick to the stomach that I have a spinal tumor and Google doesn't seem to help me at all which is why I decided to post here :3

The problem is that I have had a pain in the same spot, directly next to my middle spine (Thoracic) there has been a very small pain, not really stabbing but more coming and going..I do feel as if it is much worse when I'm thinking about it which is most of the time, I do have severe anxiety. This has been going for about 1 week now but I think it is getting progressively better.

Has anyone got any information on what this may be, or if you have experienced this in your life before...I understand that the computer has almost definitely brought me into a bad posture, as I find myself always slouching when seated.

Thankyou all in advance

Sincerely Jona

• Jona go to a physio and ask them to see if your spine is in mechanical alignment. Please don't crack your back yourself. Hunching over a computer puts incredible pressure on your spine. Tie your back to the chair - just joking but if you don't remind yourself to sit up straight you'll have terrible problems when you are older.

And I know this probably won't make any difference but if you are playing computer games for hours - try and take a break at least every hour - you'll get better scores - you brain can only cope for about 50 minutes - taking a break will replenish your mind and you will be faster and more alert after the break.