Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Several Spinal Problems

Hi my name is Chasity Earley. I am 34 years old and I have several problems with my spine, as well as other health conditions. The first thing is when I was in ninth grade I was dianosed with scoliosis. I was told that my shoulders tilled down on the left and that my hips tilted up on the left. It was not ever really bad enough to have surgery. The next thing is I was in a car accident in 2000. I had whiplash and went to a chiropractor to have work it out. One day he went to adjust my neck and it didn't feel the same. That night I developed the worst migraine ever. Before that day I never had a migraine. For the next ten years anytime my neck would pop a migraine would come on and after about 5 days I had no choice but to go to the ER and get a shot of Dilaudid and phenergan. This would take off the edge enough to sleep it off or when I had a prescription of Norco it would take it down enough that my meds could work. In 2010, I was sent to a pain management doctor after my gastroenterologist, my OBGYN and my regular dr couldn't find out what was causing severe lower pelvic pain. He found out that Psoasis muscle was strained. He gave me two big shots of Cortisone and Lidocaine. This helped the pelvic pain disapear. Then I started telling him about the pain and migraines associated with my neck. He then performed a discogram where he found out that discs C3-4, C4-5, and C 5-6 were all cracked. The dye that he injected was supposed to stay in one place. On these three it went all the way around. Then on C6-7 the dye went all the way around and then leaked back out where the injection was. I was given several cortisone and lidocaine shots and epidurals either in the upper spinal coloum or in the facet joints. This gave littel relief. He did consult with a surgeon and they told him I had too many levels to fuse and were not going to touch it. He then tried to do a nerve block, but the medication hit the wrong spot and my BP dropped to the floor and I was going in and out of conciousness. The symptoms resembled a stroke. At that point he stopped with procedures and just put me on Ambian and Norco to help with the pain and sleep. I then lost my job and couldn't afford to continue seeing him so my meds got pulled. That was March 2012. The next time I was able to go to a pain management doctor was in January 2013. I had moved away and started seeing one that was close to work. In April my PCP told me that an EKG they did was abnormal. After several tests they did an emergency heart cath. Then they put me under for an EP study. This is basically cartarizing the different parts of my heart that was giving wrong signals of how fact my heart needed to beat. They cartarized 3-4 inches per chamber. They tried to do the same for my sinus node but it was already hardened. At that point I was told I couldn't work. They said I had Inappropriat sinus tachacardia and Postural Orthastaic Tachycardia syndrome. Both mean that my heart beats too fast. My resting rate is about 135-145. This is over two times what it should be. As a result my blood pressure drops without warning and then I pass out for sevearl minuts or sevearl hours. I have hit my head several times. Since I couldn't work, again I lost my Norco from being given. One of the times in August that I passed out the ct scan showed two bilateral pars defects. The doctors didn't tell me at that time. Last month I was sent for a CT of my abdomen to check on my GI tract and moderate hiatal hernia. The radiologist this time was concerned enough to tell the doctor to discuss it with me. I was shocked and the more I learned about it the scarier it got. The doctor called me back 2 weeks later and told me that she had the radiologist compare the films from August and current. They found out that the pars defect had changed positions. It still is not slipping but it was worse than in August. I was told to basically be on bed rest because one fall could paralize me. The pars defect is on L4 and L5. They also said the discs at L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1 were all bulging outward. Right now I am trying to get disability, but it is a long process. Until I get it there isn't much that can be done besides being bed ridden. This past week my back has been killing me so much. I don't know what to do. The hospital assumes I am just after drugs and that is not the truth. I have nothing but Meloxicam, Advil and soon Lyrica. Is there a way to know if the pars defect is getting worse? What could help? I am scared to do anything because I don't want to be paralized.

Summary of My Problems:
4 cracked discs in my neck
2 bilateral pars defects in L4 and L5

Meloxicam 7.5mg -1 at bedtime
Advil as needed.
Phenergan 25mg - 1 at bedtime and as needed
Lipitor 40mg - 1 at bedtime
Lyrica not sure yet waiting on delivery
Vistaril 50mg - 1-2 three times a day
Xanax 0.5mg - 1 three times a day
Toprolol 100mg - 1 at bedtime
Pristique 100mg and 50mg - 1 of each at bedtime
Seroquel 400mg - 1 at bed time
Midodrine 5mg - 1 three times a day
Fludrocort 0.1mg - 1 in the morning

IF anyone has any advice or direction as to articles that would help me, I would greatly appreciate anything. Thanks for your time.
Chasity Earley