Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

22, arthritis in lower back, nothing helps!

Hi all. I'm 22, a mother to an active 1 year old, and a professional photographer. I've had lower back pain for years that worsened when I was pregnant with my son. I've finally got insurance and have been doing check ups and dentist appts for most of the year.

Two weeks ago, I saw a doctor (whom I really respect) over my migraines and back pain. After an x-ray and speaking to him about my pain, he told me I have arthritis in my lower spine. He offered injections and we did them that very day, two Friday's ago. I experienced an immediate "steroid flush" over the next few days. Fever, increase in pain, fatigue, sensitive/painful skin, etc. All of those symptoms have gone, except for NO relief of the pain.

The only thing I'm on for pain is 5mg flexeril (muscle relaxer) and it's like taking a single tylenol as far as pain. Unfortunately, I have a record for having a lot of pain medicine prescriptions (just low doses of norco's) because I suffered from gallbladder disease for all of 2013 and had to be seen in the ER many, many times. Not to mention just this year, I had a wisdom tooth extracted, a molar extracted, and a dry socket.

I have an appointment tomorrow and I need something. I need something to stop this massive pressure and pain that I have in my lower back. The only time it fades is when I am laying in bed. Sitting, standing for more than 3 minutes, or walking more than 60 feet is enough to make me feel stiff as a board and almost in tears from pain. I just...don't know how to explain what I'm feeling. I'm kind of jaded when it comes to doctors because I've seen many that just think I'm some sort of drug seeker, so I am afraid to speak up to my doctor and tell him what I'm feeling.

Any advice? I feel like I'm too young to be in this much pain. I want to play and run with my son. I want to do my job and not be miserable once I get home and sit down.