Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For anyone that has had an incision in the abdomen, my surgeon said he closed it in layers and the very top of the incision where you would normally see either staples or stitched is some sort of "glue/wax" adhesive to close it. Its now starting to fall off in little pieces. Has anyone ever had this? And if so did you keep it covered at all?

Part two to conversation I know this has been posted in the past but man o man!! my skin around my incision is killing me! Any suggestions?
alif l4-s1

• the only incision i had was from a hernia and they put in a cover in it and i had no issues. the only other ones i had were for gall bladder surgery but they scoped it. see your surgeon asap. wounds can get weird when they get funny around the incision site. i had a trigger finger surgery and the incision was small but got weird and no i can not bend my finger. it helps when i drive so i can give the you are number one finger salute.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.