Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe lower back pain in 22 year old

For over a year now, i have been experiencing agonizing lower back/back pain. I'm 22 years old and i work in a mill.

Last year i went to talk to my doctor about what has been going on. I explained to him all my symptons, pain level, etc etc. Because of my age, i felt like he didn't really have any real concern. He put me on an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer and requested that i should try in-house physical therapy.

I could only bare through one session of the physical therapy. He had me hooked up to some machine that was supposed to massage/relax my muscles and ease the pain, eventually getting rid of it. It only made it worse. I could barely get up off the table i had been laying on because my muscles were so tight and sore from the PT.

Because of my doctor's lack of concern, i felt like i shouldn't be concerned either. I figured since i'm young i shouldn't have any real problems and the pain would go away. I was wrong. A couple months go by and i say enough is enough. I couldn't handle dealing with lower back pain 24/7. I could never get restful sleep from rolling around all in bed. My job is very physical and at work i walk around hunched over in pain.

I went and got an xray with a paper my doctor had given me months prior. My xray came back perfectly normal. The original concern were my muscles so once again, he puts me on an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer. Neither help, just how they didn't help in the beginning.

My doctor then schedules me an MRI. The MRI came back perfectly normal too.

How can this be? I've been fighting off tears from pain for over a year. I can't sleep at night. Sometimes it hurts so bad i don't even wanna eat. My toes randomly go numb, i get random saddle numbness, and i have life sapouping pain. It hurts so bad that i can never focus on anything except my back. I can't do things that i used to do because it just makes me hurt worse.

It's ruining my life but all my tests came back normal. I feel like i'm just gonna live the rest of my life with this pain because i've done all the steps i needed to do, to find out whats wrong.

So my back still hurts, i'm still not gonna get restful sleep, i'm still sitting in my house all day hoping it will magically disappear, and i still have to work a very physical job and make it worse.

I don't know what to do.