Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain - VERY scared HELP

I am 17, I have been having Thoracic back pain for the last 2 years or so..I never thought anything of it.

I had a blood test done because I was sick once and it was all fine except some level was a little high, but I had recently broken my knuckle and was growing alot at the time so the doctors nailed it down to that. But now I am finding out that it can mean that I have bone cancer...or spine cancer ???

The back pain used to come randomly..maybe once every month or so and I would just crack my back and it would go away for another money or few weeks, I only ever felt this happen when I was sitting with bad posture, which I do about 6 hours a day on average, sometimes more..sometimes less. The pain is now staying there, coming and going every 10 minutes or so but Its not getting better after a week, infact kind of feels worse.

I have extreme anxiety and its not the pain that keeps me away, its thinking I have a spinal tumor. I have no other symptoms besides the pain that is basically halve way down my spine, the pain is mostly 2cm to the left of my spine...sometimes it is on the other side (right) I haven't felt any pain in or on my spine.

Anyone know what this could be ? I dont seem to have a very bad posture when standing or kyphosis or anything...I'm killing myself over the worry, just 2 months ago I got a brain CT scan because I was convinced I had a brain tumor, turned out to be a sinus infection, all was fine.

Thankyou all in advance.

• Jona, You need to see your dr and talk to him/her about your symptoms. Back pain and the fact you are growing & broke your knuckle does NOT mean you have cancer-that's absurd. It sounds like you have yourself convinced of this, given the fact you talked your dr's into a brain scan thinking you had brain cancer, which turned out to be a sinus infection.

You are 17, you need to tell both your parents you are having pain in your back, tell them how it makes you feel, I'm sure they will take you to see your dr. I'm sure your dr will find the reason for your pain, but I don't think it would be wise to go in and tell them you think it's bone cancer. You dr will order the proper tests to find out what is wrong with your back.

• First of all , Taren is absolutely right, you do need to involve your parents with your worries and concerns. The odds of you having some sort of spine cancer are slim, very slim........
    The second thing is that if you are having back pain that is worsening or not resolving after a few weeks, then it needs evaluating.....the bad posture is something ,especially in high school that leads to upper back problems, so it is important that you work hard at keeping your back straight and your shoulders aligned.....you might find that proper posture alleviates the muscular pain.
    The anxiety issues also need to be addressed, especially since you have managed to convince yourself that you had reason to think that you have now two different cancers.....that is not normal thinking for someone your age......and it can worsen over time if you don't do something about it now.
    That does not mean that there is something wrong with you but there are ways to manage those type of thoughts so that you don't get yourself so consumed with your health that it impairs you from living the rest of your life.....
    Hang in there sweetie and talk to your parents......I'm sure that they would NOT want you to be suffering from this anxiety regarding your health.....