Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Torodol with Diclofenac PLEASE help answer

Please reply if you have an advice. I have been thrown around the medical referral tornado for 8 weeks now. Sent to a vascualr dr, an orthopedic surgeon, had MRI 3 weeks ago found that I have spinal stenosis. I was referred to a neuro surgeon, only to be told you only see a neuro surgeon when you are ready for surgery. So today they are putting in a referral for pain management. That will take at least a week just to get an appointment. I am a recovering addict with 22 years clean and sober. I took percocet for three weeks, only a quarter tab at a time, but had to stop it and felt withdrawl after going off. Do not want to take anymore. Called my dr in tears, I need something non narcotic for the pain. Tylenol is not cutting it. I have been on Diclofenac Potassium 50mg for a month. He said to come in for a toradol injection. That I shouldn't mix the two medications but I took the pill this morning, come get the injection at 1:30 and don't take a pill tonight. I am worried because of drug interactions. Anyone else do this?

• are both anti inflammatory medications commonly used to relieve pain and inflammation. Your doctor is correct, you should not normally use both together. The injection might help with the pain but make sure to follow his directions regarding not taking anymore diclofenac tonight after the injection.
  • regarding the use of medications and interactions. He is aware that you are taking the diclofenac, apparently, and I'm sure that he would not give you an injection if he thought that there was any danger to doing so. Just make sure that he is aware of any and all medications, and over the counter remedies you may be using.