Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herniatex L4 L5 with bone spur and partial blocked spinal fluid

My wife started having right leg only leg pain mild at first but then steadily getting worse til now she doesn't move much at all. The doctors at the pain clinic tried steroids didn't help so they ordered detailed imaging. The results show a herniated L4 L5 disc and a bone spur that's blocking some spinal fluid. The neurosurgeon called and told us this and is going to call for apt for surgery. What is entailed in this surgery? My father back in the 80s had 4 back surgeries and well were not successful still lives in a lot of pain. So relating to that doesn't help?

See my wife was beaten daily by her mother 3 4 times a week with a belt and buckle resulting in lots of calcium deposits. So bad when she had viral meningitis they had to use the xray room to insert the needle due to calcium deposits.

A few months back her pain doctor was poking and prodding and checking for pain spots for her injections as she was getting them for neck and shoulder pain as well. He pushed on one side and my wife heard and felt something go pop in her back. We think this is when the bone spur appeared and started cutting off spinal fluid.

How bad is this?

Does this cause migraines as well?

What is the surgery? Is it simple laser surgery or something more detailed?

how long of recovery after surgery?

unfortunately we are waiting for them to call to set an apt and she is freaking out like. Its like the teacher telling you at the beginning of class they need to see you afterwards which triggers her panic and anxiety as well