Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After L-4,L-5 S-1 Fusion

lauracllaurac Posts: 1
edited 05/04/2014 - 7:51 PM in Recovering from Surgery
On January 8th of this year I had a spinal fusion of L-4, L-5 and S-1. I have to say that the first three weeks were very very hard...lots of nerve pain...but I made myself "walk through" the pain and still get up several times a day to practice walking. Here it is May of 2014, and I feel a MILLION times better. I have healed a lot, the nerve pain is under control .....very little left, although I am still taking neurontin, and trying to walk for longer periods of time. I also have gone through therapy at the local rehab hospital, and I take a class in warm water therapy twice a week. BUT...I have some popping in one of the ligaments on my left side that radiate kind of into my hip. It really doesn't "hurt", but that side gets tired...and the popping is irritating me. It can be heard by anyone in the room if it is quiet. Occasionally it does not pop......just for a few steps....then it starts again. I am only four months post surgery, and the doctor said I will actually be healing for up to 18 months. Has anyone else had this issue before? I am perplexed. The x-rays the Dr. took post 6 weeks surgery show everything is totally normal. What is causing the popping and is there an exercise I can do for it?