Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica Pain becoming to much

Hi All

I have been struggling with Sciatica Pain from June 2013, and I must say it is really bothering me at this stage as I can't seem to do anything a normal man should be able to do for his family.

My doctor subscribe me Tramacet to help with the pain but I just feel like that between 6 - 8 tablets a day is a bit much and that is just to get thru most of the day.

I can't even go out to play 9 holes of golf which is my great passion.

How do some of you cope with this pain? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

It is driving me crazy as I only sleep about 2 - 3 hours a night.

I am also a business consultant, so driving takes up 75% of my day and I must say it is actually brutal driving.

i don't know what to do anymore and just to add I am only 25 years old.

Hennie van Niekerk

• Hi

Thank you for the info, I have read all the info before and have tried the exercises as well but even then the pain is most of the times to much to do anything. I have a follow up with my Dr on the 14/05/2014 where we will do a MRI again.

I just wanted to get some info that had a operation on this condition before as I am quite nervous but think that the only option left is surgery as I really have tried everything and it is getting to me.

I am struggling to sleep and can't be the family man that I want to be and also really struggling at the office.

Thank You
    Hennie van Niekerk
  • WTWWT Posts: 46
    edited 05/05/2014 - 8:17 AM
    hello there,
    i hope you can find some good answer for your question.

Post edited- ALL advice provided by forum members is not medical advice and should not be taken that way. Always consult with your provider for treatment
    5.06 You agree not to post information that is considered to be formal medical advice.

5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.
  • Thank WT, but as you will see I am not looking for medical advise, only wanted some experience from someone that underwent this kind of surgery.

Sorry if it looked like I was looking medical advise as this was not my intention
    Hennie van Niekerk
  • I just wanted to let you know that I understand where you are coming from. Feeling like you can't be the person you want to be is devastating. I hope the upcoming MRI goes well.
    2000- spinal fusion, complete spine due to scoliosis
    2012- pain began, started treatment for chronic pain
    2013- install of pain pump, procedures to address complications
    2014-blood patch, spinal fluid leak