Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do I need more surgery?

After years of chronic nerve pain in my upper right leg that had me get multiple x-rays, mri's, epidural steroid injections, 2 disc decompression surgeries, implanted neurostimulator and L3, L4 and L5 hemi laminectomy surgery in November 2013, the same severe right leg pain has returned. My doctor has increased my gabapentin from 1200mg to 1800mg, but based on the below x-ray report from early April 2014, is there anything else I can do from a surgery perspective, or do I manage and live with this through tweaks with medication. I am also waiting for my disability hearing sometime late in 2014.

Diagnostic report text

History: Peripheral neuropathy. Low back pain. History of laminectomy from L3-L5.

Comparison: CT lumbar spine 9/27/2013.

Technique: AP, lateral, bilateral oblique, and flexion and extension views of the lumbosacral spine.

Findings: There are 5 nonrib-bearing lumbar type vertebrae. L5 is transitional. Larninectomy changes are noted from L3-L5. Mild dextroscoliosis of the lumbar spine, apex at Tl 2-Ll is noted. The alignment is near-anatomic and the lumbar lordosis is maintained. There is no evidence of instability on the flexion and extension views. No acute fracture, spondylolisthesis, or spondylolysis.
Multilevel anterior spurring is noted with osteophytic ridging at L2-3. Disc spaces are preserved. Multilevel facet sclerosis are noted, worse at L3-4 to L5-S 1. Bone mineralization is within normal limits. There is atherosclerotic calcificatio•n within the abdominal aorta. A nerve stimulator is partially visualized with leads entering the spinal canal at Tl 2-L l posteriorly.

Multilevel spondylotic changes of the lumbar spine as described above, status post laminectomy at L3-L5 levels. No evidence of instability.

Thank you!