Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Painful to touch where l5-s1 disc herniation is

I have had an l5-s1 herniation for 7 weeks now. At the beginning my lower back pain was not bad at all but my sciatic pain was excruciating. Just last week I still have the same leg pain but my back pain right where the herniation is is very sore even to the touch. I'm scared it's getting worse. Anyone experience pain that's sore to the touch?
I have been told that centralization usually happens when the pain starts to decrease in the leg even though one may experience more back pain. I have more sharp, pulsing, shooting, back pain but with sciatic pain still.

Thoughts? Is 7 weeks too early to tell? I have ready that of symptoms are going to subside they will do so in 4-6 weeks but this is not the case for me.

• I actually had that just before I was released from PT and referred to a surgeon. Every time my PT guy would just barely touch my lower back, I'd jump and howl in pain. It was super sensitive. Have you seen a neurosurgeon? 7 weeks is a long time to be in pain.
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • has more to do with the size of a herniation, and where it is in contact with other structures in the spinal area.......sciatica symptoms can stick around for several months, and disappear just as quickly and unexpectedly as they showed up, or they can linger on for an extended period of time.
  • When my consultant has examined my spine and touched the joints with his hands it has also made me jump!
    He said this is because of the inflammation around the discs and joints.
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.