Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L1-L2 spinal cord injury, decompression, L2 neurectomy

Hello everybody,

I`m 21 years old male. 4 months ago I fell from more than 10 metres on my back and experienced SCI. Left side of L1 and L2 vertebrae ruptured thus injuring nerve roots of that side. Spinal decompression (laminectomy) was performed. Due to severe injury of L2 nerve root, surgeon removed it and told that it would never grow back again, though he believed, that other nerves would retake the regions, that used to be inervated by the fibers going through L2 root.
After the operation i could barely move my left leg, though i could move fingers. Since then a lot of things got better, i can walk now quite well, though my leg still feels numb, and most importantly, the front side of the hip (quadriceps femoris) and knee(patella is down) are totally numb and i can`t even feel it, so the problem is mainly n.femoralis dysfunction. Though n. saphenus works quite okey, m.sartorius also works... I wanted to ask if it`s really possible, that despite L2 neurectomy i could fully recover my quadriceps muscle function? Is it possible, that other nerve fibers retake the regions, that used to belong to L2 root? Sorry for my bad english :/