Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am exhausting all measures here, has anyone tried prolo therapy to help a herniated l5-s1 disc?

• is not going to help with a problem disc........prolotherapy is simply injecting something like sugar water into muscles to create irritation and to cause scar tissue.
    Most insurance companies will not pay for it, and there are very mixed reviews on it's efficacy.
  • My cousin who lives in Chicago had the treatment your on about for a herniated disc and had good success with it..
    Surgery was cancelled and his not looked back since..
    I think its trial and error, what works for one doesn't for another.Im going to exhaust everything befor I even consider surgery
    because of the risks.
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.
  • While I agree with the premise that giving all other options that are available for your condition to avoid surgery if at all possible is worth considering, there are times when surgery is the ONLY answer, and if there is a herniation large enough that is in contact with a nerve or the canal of your spine, the risk of delaying surgery too long becomes one that may cause permanent damage down the road.......when it comes to the nerves in the foramina or the canal , it is risky to wait too long, and especially the nerves in the canal because they do not recover as peripheral nerves may.
    While considering a trial of conservative measures is wise, it is also wise to discuss with your surgeon any concerns he may have regarding waiting too long in your particular situation.