Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain from PT - Closed follow thread as posted below

jinkyjjinky Posts: 20
edited 05/15/2014 - 4:40 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi, I have started PT after my posterior cervical fusion of c2c3c4 3 months ago. When the PT gets me to tuck my chin in and move side to side it gives me pain in the back of the head or a headache. This happens with up and down etc with my chin tucked in. I don't think I should be having pain or is this normal? Could someone let me know please. Should PT be painful ?thanks jinky

Closed this one so we can follow on

• If PT is causing pain then they are doing it wrong. I have had PT numerous times for an assortment of body parts and I am confident in saying there should be no pain. Soreness and muscle fatigue, yes. Pain, no.
    Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • Thank you so very much.....only been there once but am suppose to do these exercises at home. Thank you for answering my post as I never had spinal surgery before.
    You sure have been through a lot. Stay well. jinky
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    when it comes to Physical Therapy.
    Their objective, based on doctors prescriptions is to work with you and provide a set of PT disciplines that will meet this objective. For so many of us, that works perfectly. But there are so many times when what the PT does is causing yo some more pain and discomfort. That should not be the course. So, looking down another avenue sounds to be the correct thing to do.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I commented in the other post....just to let you know.