Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain from PT

I couldn't post under my post "pain from PT" so I had to start my post again. Little nervous when the PT calls me tomorrow and I have to tell her I can't do the exercises with my chin tucked in. I can do them without the chin in and no pain. She is not a bit friendly and it is being done in the hospital. Do you think she can come up with different exercises? Is there any way my neck will get more range of motion without PT. I don't want her to get the pain going and can't stop it. thanks jinky

• I'm new...I introduced myself in the new member introductions but I may be able to help.
    First - posterior cervical laminectomy with fusion and instrumentation C-3-C-6
    I was hurt by physical therapy and ended up in emergency room. My doctor put me on hold and I went back this week to a new place. Tell your doctor what is going on and go to a new place. Mine understood. The fact you are scared to tell them because they intimidate you is going to end up having you get hurt...you don't want that...just my 2 cents. Others may not agree.
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 05/15/2014 - 1:09 PM
    Same thing happened to me. PT hurt me so much. I didn't have a correct diagnosis and the pain clinic which was really a very expensive gym gave the same exercises to everyone. It didn't help anyone in the clinic I went to. Now I know what happened to me they actually could have paralysed me giving me the exercises they did. Every afternoon I would be lying down, with a heat pack crying with the pain. I don't think I ever finished one day. I persevered 'cause that is what you are supposed to do but they can be so wrong.

If they hurt don't do them. They don't get paralysed - you might. They should be giving you specific exercise for your condition. I finally went to a sports physiotherapist. She does exercise classes and pilates as well but won't let me exercise yet. Try a sports physio, an older one with heaps of experience who will feel your neck and feel what is actually wrong. it is the only thing in 8 years that worked for me - every other treatment made my pain worse. If your pain is worse - within an unreasonable level, it's your body saying not to do it. Trust your body and what it is telling you.
  • I went to PT again and she spent 45 minutes with me. I am getting pain in the muscle and she watched me do the exercises. I was tucking my chin in to much. When I turn my head a certain way I get a sharp pain up in my head. The exercises are to build up muscle as my posture is not good. She said this is the muscles that causes headaches. Not so far thank God.Thank you for your support. I will listen to my body and if it makes me pain I now know not to do it. jinky