Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New user! :)

I am new on here so just thought I would share my erm story I guess haha.....basically I am a 19 year old type 1 diabetic and it all started when I thought I had injected myself funny in my bottom.....how wrong I was, as after more than a year on the pain is so so bad. I first went to the Doctor's last October and he just shrugged me off by saying it was muscle pain which I knew wasnt and he gave me naproxen which worked for about a week so I stopped taking them and I went back to my doctor who just said to me "no no keep taking naproxen they will work trust me" so I just carried on taking them regardless of the fact that they wasn't helping at all! I didn't end up going back to the Doctor's until January and I eventually got to see my GP who was very unhappy with the fact that the last doctor just shrugged me off, and she sent me for an XRAY which showed that I have mild scoliosis in my lower spine and referred me to orthopaedics who said that the scoliosis shouldn't be affecting the sciatica or the cause. He sent me for an MRI and well now I am just awaiting those results which I do not get until July!!!

I am currently not taking any painkillers for this as none seem to be working and my doctor won't prescribe me tramadol as I am apparently too young!! :(

Also is it possible for sciatica to get worse because I can no longer walk for atleast an hour without being in pain, and recently I have been getting this kind of warm wet feeling on my knee when walking which lasts about 20 seconds could that be related???

Sorry for rambling

Nicola :)