Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What does my MRI results mean?

I had a cspine MRI done and these are the findings: Can you please explain what this means?

The cervical spine shows the loss of normal lordosis although the craniocervical thr atlantoaxial articulation delineate normally.

C5/6 prominent left paracentral disc osteophyte complex measuring approximately 4mmin Ap dimension which is causing a severe narrowing of the proximal to the mid portion of the left C5/6 foramen, likely compromising the exiting left c6 nerve. additionally there is a focal mild narrowing of the spinal canal at this level which measures approximately 9mm in AP dimension. No change int he cervical cord signal is seen at this level

What does all of this mean?
I am 37. I have severe pain in my neck and shoulders- shooting down to my left arm. I cannot sit for a long time or work because of the pain. Currently I am on 150mm Lyrica 2 times a day since 2 weeks. whiich has releived me a lot although there is continious sligh pain and several moments of severe pain. The drug seems to wear off after 5-6 hours, after which the pain is extreme again.

What would be my treatment?
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,904
    edited 05/11/2014 - 7:43 PM
    There is nobody on the forum qualified to interpret an MRI or advice on treatment, this is for your doctor to discuss with you.
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/mri-reports-why-we-cant-advise

Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started here

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Michael_BMichael_B Posts: 23
    edited 05/12/2014 - 6:15 PM

Post edited to remove medical advice/diagnostic information

5.06 You agree not to post information that is considered to be formal medical advice.

5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.
  • no one here can interpret your results. you need to see your doctor and ask them what they mean. we are not doctors so we are unable to give out that information and it can become an legal issue. once again, please go to your doctor and ask him what they mean.
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • its pointless to ask for an interpretation of medical photography [AND AGAINST SH RULES !!] there is a similar post on chronic pain .I understand there is a lot of worry when you are in the diagnostic stages of your problems .but we are only lay people on here and even those of us with some medical knowledge aren't allowed to express an opinion on someone's scans.your best bet is to ask your doctor to explain it to you .there are many of us on here that do understand medical lingo as we have been in the system for many years [I am married to a medic] so anything I don't understand I just ask my wife but again I could not nor could anyone on here tell you your results .if I saw something that I THOUGHT was life threatening I would contact a moderator on this site ...many years ago on live chat on here {I don't know if its still available .but I dealt with a potentially life threatening problem as someone was threatening to take an overdose and I managed along with a few other members to get this person's address and I sent an ambulance to there home ..I was thanked by that person mum a few weeks later when the person in question was back to normal ..this was a few years ago ..I don't go on live chat now I can't keep up with the typing !! .. back to your scan ..just ask for a consultation with your doctor /health provider and they will explain it to you in lay terms {easy to understand } ..I don't think I have broken any rules but I am sure I will be informed if I have ..good luck and keep us informed .we are a nice bunch on here with years of experience between us .
    tony{UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
advertisement