Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C-Spine MRI

Hello, I had an MRI recently and would like some help reviewing it. I am overseas and will not be able to see a Dr. for weeks. I have had tingling and numbness in arms and legs along with urinary and bowel incontinence. I have daily headaches/migraines along with muscle weakness. I have issues with balance and my gait. Please help me read my MRI results.

Sagittal imaging is as follows:
Reversed cervical lordosis centered at C2-C3..Marrow signal is unremarkable. No osteophyte formation appreciated in this plane. No disc narrowing.

CSF signal is seen extending laterally to the right from the central canal at the C2 level. This will be better characterized in the axial plane. Cord is normal. Visualized posterior fossa unremarkable. Right sided vertebral artery dominance noted.

Axial Plane is as follows:
At the level of C2 there is focal expansion of the right side of the ventral thecal sac with normal CSF signal slightly expanding the nerve root exit zone and mildly splaying the adjacent ventral and dorsal nerve roots...This causes significant scalloping of the adjacent lamina and transverse process. On the GRE sequence the lamina is significantly thinned but likely intact. Exiting nerve roots otherwise appear normal without enlargement or mass lesion. No significant involvement of the neural foremen.

C2-3: No discogenic or spondylitic degenerative changes. Canal and neural foramen are widely patent..
C3-C6: unremarkable
C6-7: bilateral cervical ribs noted.

C7-T1: clustered small foci of CSF signal seen within the bilateral neural foramen surrounding the exiting cervical nerve VIII root seen only in the sagittal plane which are separate and distinct from the nerve root. These are compatible with small perineural cysts.

T1-T2 Tiny CSF cystic foci seen within the right sided neural foramen adjacent to the exiting T1 nerve root with questionable involvement also on the left also compatible with tiny perineural cysts. Again, these are best visualized in the sagittal plane.

surrounding structures show a partially empty sella..

Impression: 1. Focal, right sided dural ectasia with associated adjacent osseous scalloping at the C2 level as above, likely congenital in nature. Recommend follow up cervical spine CT to further characterize the osseous structures. 2. No cervical spondylosis. 3. Small bilateral cervical ribs.