Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burn victim

maxim81mmaxim81 Posts: 1
edited 05/13/2014 - 5:12 AM in Pain Medications
Hi I've been burned by an alcohol fuel fire from my sprint car in 1996 and have also had my hip socket and ball torn from my pelvis on a snowmobile accident in 2001 then had both my ankles and heels fractured in a barrel roll where my driveline broke and about the 4th or 5th roll I thought my feet where cut off but they where not just fractured and bruised very badly in 2010 I'm 53 my Dr. Wants me on disability but I have 3 great kids and a wonderful wife and a MORTGAGE so I'd lose our home if I went o disability so I had been self employed since 1995 and worked on large equipment in the field and found a job working on tractor trailers at a large company witch does only light duty repairs and pays good enough to keep my house but it is tough my BIGEST problem is my dr got my meds so I can work and make it work but my 2 pain meds are 10/325 perkoset and the next one is what keeps me going but I've gotten a problem. I've not had before it's a fentanyl patch 75 mcl I take every 2 days and I can work very good !!! My trouble is that I'm burned 42 % and I can only put my patch on a few spots with all my burns plus with all my skin graphs I sweat twice as much out of my non burned areas so the patch will fall off at times and the pain is unbearable and I go to my doctor today at 1:00pm what to do ?? H E L P

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 05/13/2014 - 5:17 AM
    Wow, you sure have been through the wringer. with accidents and injuries......I am guessing that your wife does not want you racing anymore.
    As far as the fentanyl patches not sticking, there are things that you can do to make sure that they do stick, buy some tegaderm or bioclusive dressings, which are just like the little vinyl covering they use in the hospital for iv's. You place them right over the patch, and it covers the patch and doesn't come up so you don't loose the patch.
    You can even buy them on auction sites , in the medical sections.......in fact, they are cheaper buying them that way.
    Or you can use medical tape to tape around the edges. I have found that putting them on my shoulder, upper arms, rib cage, and even my calf works far better at keeping the patches on better than in areas where I am moving.