Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Marijuana and tolerance

I was wondering if anyone has used or knows someone who uses marijuana to help with there pain. When someone is using it does the person need to increase how much they use because they have developed a tolerance for it. If a person does have to increase the amount does the increase happen slower then using opiates. Many states have already approved the use of marijuana for medical reasons. As more states approve it the company's who make current opiate medication may find themselves losing a lot of money. For those who get good pain relief using marijuana may end up saving tons of money. Some of the states who have made it legal to use marijuana for management of chronic pain have allowed those who has doctors approval up to 5 plants for there personal use for their pain. As more doctors prescribe little or no opiate medications for severe chronic pain marijuana maybe the only direction to get some much needed pain relief. The other possibility is that the drug manufactures may start screaming about how much money they are losing that the higher ups may back off on there witch hunt against doctors who prescribe opiate pain medication, the pharmacies who fill them and the chronic pain patients who need and uses them. I think it will be very interesting to see how this works out in the next 10 years.

• I would say just the opposite, todays strains have a much higher THC thus need to ingest less. I don't like getting stoned anymore I just want pain relief. I find it relaxes you and in turn it takes away the stress of pain and that gives you a better mood less grouchy or being short. I also sometimes get sick to my stomach from pain and it also relieves that. There is no magic cure for pain but some relief so you can live with pain tolerance. As far as the price I would say it's out of pocket I don't believe insurance cover marijuana, you can still spend $300 plus a month verses opiates at around $25.