Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic foot back pain worrysome

Quig59QQuig59 Posts: 8
edited 05/17/2014 - 8:38 PM in Chronic Pain
Hello back sufferers I'm writing this because I'm still getting chronic pain in my lower left foot my middle toes and outer little toe on my left foot are rigid hard and painful. I've had a laminectomy and disectomy left middle side at the L4 five level back in October 2013. I had three months of physical therapy through the beginning of January 2014 and noticed that my back started to hurt more on the right-hand side at l4/5 and the left foot started to hurt as time has gone on. A dissectomy was done because I had EXTREME leg pain on the left hand side from my back down to my lower left foot that is the reason why I had the recommended surgery done , and to limit nerve damage and leg pain. I think I have failed back syndrome . Since March 2014 I was doing bridge exercises when I noticed that my back started to hurt more progressive each week and my foot pain seems to be radiant to the outer left hand side as the lower disc L5 S1 was diagnosed with severe degenerative disc disease. I've had for epidural shots in my lower back from pain management and this has been unsuccessful as it has not stop the progression of pain or minimized it. My current orthopedic surgeon who did the original surgery gave me Celebrex and a back brace and dismissed it as chronic degenerative disc disease pain and can't explain the reason why I have continued pain that is increasing in my left foot. So I'm ready to replace him with another doctor or just learn to live with it. Any help or support concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated as only those suffering know what I'm going thru daily. He recommended a fusion surgery but I don't feel that's an option. He thinks surgery is the only way to go or fix a problem. I tried to stay as active as I can and learn to live with the constant pain that I feel in my back and foot daily. I take hydrocodone's daily twice a day Celebrex and gabapentin as long as baclofen for pain swelling and inflammation. I know I'm only seven months out from surgery but feel that my progression of pain minimizing itself has stopped and am extremely frustrated. I look forward to reading your responses and help that you can give me as I appreciate this forum and the people that respond to it. Thanks for your help your back struggling friend in New Mexico.
Kevin Quigley